IBHI Seminar on Improving Emergency Care For People With Behavioral Health Problems
Cost to attend is $400.
- Stuart Buttlaire Ph.D. Regional Director of Behavioral Health for Northern California Kaiser Permanente
- Megan Schabbing, MD Medical Director Psychiatric Emergency Services OhioHealth Behavioral Health Riverside Methodist Hospital
- Leon Evans MSW Three Bears Consulting
- Wayne Young MBA, LPC, FACHE Harris Center Houston
- Keith Brennan, J.D. Assistant Counsel New York State Office of Mental Health
- Peter Brown MA Exec. Dir. IBHI
|Opening, Faculty Introductions and Schedule for the day
|Hearing from the participants – getting acquainted with each other:
Where are you from?
What is your role in the department of facility?
Briefly: What brought you to the seminar and what are the issues you are facing?
|Examples of Streamlining ED Operations: Steps Toward a Safer and More Efficient Psychiatric Emergency Services.
Stuart Buttlaire, Megan Schabbing, Peter Brown
|Optimizing Throughput for a Particularly Challenging Patient Populations
|Meeting the challenge of engagement with criminal justice agencies establishing the needed treatment modalities and venues
Developing community collaboration in achieving adequate treatment response
|Legal issues in emergency department operations related to behavioral health patients and ways to address them
|Important topics in ED management: Suicide; Agitation Management, and the Role of Psychotrophic Medication in the ED
Megan Schabbing, Stuart Buttlaire
|Break out groups – faculty facilitated
Planning to improve your facility and program. Participants use what they have learned to develop their own plan for improvement with faculty support including improving engagement with community.
|Discussion of Participants plans for their own Emergency Departments
|Summary and evaluation
Email peter@IBHI.net for more information!