IBHI Seminar on Improving Emergency Care For People With Behavioral Health Problems
Cost to attend is $400.
- Stuart Buttlaire Ph.D. Regional Director of Behavioral Health for Northern California Kaiser Permanente
- Megan Schabbing, MD Medical Director Psychiatric Emergency Services OhioHealth Behavioral Health Riverside Methodist Hospital
- Leon Evans MSW Three Bears Consulting
- Wayne Young MBA, LPC, FACHE Harris Center Houston
- Keith Brennan, J.D. Assistant Counsel New York State Office of Mental Health
- Peter Brown MA Exec. Dir. IBHI
|8:00 am||Opening, Faculty Introductions and Schedule for the day|
|8:15 am||Hearing from the participants – getting acquainted with each other:|
Where are you from?
What is your role in the department of facility?
Briefly: What brought you to the seminar and what are the issues you are facing?
|8:45 am||Brief Introduction|
|9:00 am||Examples of Streamlining ED Operations: Steps Toward a Safer and More Efficient Psychiatric Emergency Services.|
Stuart Buttlaire, Megan Schabbing, Peter Brown
|9:45 am||Optimizing Throughput for a Particularly Challenging Patient Populations|
|10:30 am||Meeting the challenge of engagement with criminal justice agencies establishing the needed treatment modalities and venues|
Developing community collaboration in achieving adequate treatment response
|12:30 pm||LUNCH BREAK|
|1:00 pm||Legal issues in emergency department operations related to behavioral health patients and ways to address them|
|2:15 pm||Important topics in ED management: Suicide; Agitation Management, and the Role of Psychotrophic Medication in the ED|
Megan Schabbing, Stuart Buttlaire
|3:30 pm||Break out groups – faculty facilitated|
Planning to improve your facility and program. Participants use what they have learned to develop their own plan for improvement with faculty support including improving engagement with community.
|4:15 pm||Discussion of Participants plans for their own Emergency Departments|
|4:45 pm||Summary and evaluation|
Email peter@IBHI.net for more information!