NEW TOPICS, NEW SPEAKERS, HALF DAY
Institute for Behavioral Healthcare Improvement
Seminar on Improving Emergency Care for People With Behavioral Health Problems
This seminar is designed to help teams of Emergency Department health care professionals and administrators assess challenges and better organize operations to respond to the needs of individuals, and produce better outcomes.
Upon completion of the Seminar participants will be able to:
- Identify ways to expedite crisis care
- Identify ways to reduce the number of people needing Emergency Department care.
- identify ways to expedite appropriate placement of people with behavioral health crises
- Identify ways to restructure cooperation with law and justice organizations.
- Have a plan for addressing your particular issues.
- Stuart Buttlaire, Ph.D. Regional Director of Behavioral Health for Northern California Kaiser Permanente
- Kristen D. Daugherty, LISW, LCSW, MBA CEO for Emergence Health Network
- Leon Evans, MSW Three Bears Consulting
- Abbey Cotter, BSN, RN, Director – Behavioral Health Services via Christi Hospitals Wichita, Inc.
- Jeff Spight, Mind 24-7 Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer
- Peter Brown, MA Exec. Dir. IBHI
|Opening: Faculty Introductions and schedule for the day
|Creating a better system of care: The process of change and the focus of the seminar
|Organizing crisis care and expediting treatment
|Round table Q and A: Expediting care
|Organizing for care prevention early interdiction
Kristen D. Daugherty
|Round table Q and A: Prevention early interdiction
|Learning to place people in appropriate care
|Round table Q and A: Placing people in appropriate care